You can receive email notifications through your hearing aids by using If This Then That
In order to use this Applet you need to download the Oticon ON App and connect your hearing aids with your phone
Receive notifications from Gmail using the IFTTT Oticon Applet: https://ifttt.com/applets/bTg9VZ3G-play-a-spoken-notification-when-you-receive-a-new-email
You can access IFTTT through your Oticon ON App
Haven't connected to your phone yet? Follow these steps:
- Take your phone and go under Settings
- Click on Bluetooth
- Enable Bluetooth
- Go to the App store and download the Oticon ON app.
- Open the app. after it finishes installing
- Open and close the battery doors on both of your hearing aids while your phone is searching
- Your hearing aids will show up as an available device once they are found (Oticon Opn)
- Press pair and your hearing aid will connect
- Press the small *IF* bubble below the small P1 bubble to get started with If This Then That
If you do not use Gmail you can make an account and link your address:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Gmail app .
- In the top left, tap Menu .
- To the right of your username, tap the Down arrow .
- Tap Manage accounts Add account.
- Choose the type of account you want to add.
- If you check work or school emails through Outlook for Windows, select Outlook, Hotmail, and Live.
- If you don't see your email service, select Other.
- Follow the steps on the screen to add your account, then tap Try Gmailify.
After you link your other address to Gmail, you’ll see those messages both in your Gmail app and on the web at mail.google.com. You’ll be able to read, reply to, and organize those messages just like you do in Gmail.