Android phones are not able to stream calls or music without a Connect Clip. (Please get in contact with your clinic if you do not have one already)
Please refer to our guide here to set up your phone to stream calls: https://telesupport.hearingaidhelp.ca/support/solutions/articles/31000138015-connect-clip-set-up-with-phone
Please refer to this guide if you are looking to use the Oticon ON app.
To use your Phone as a remote you can follow these steps:
- Take your phone and go under Settings
- Click on Bluetooth
- Enable Bluetooth
- Go to the Google Play store and download the Oticon ON app.
- Open the app. after it finishes installing
- Open and close the battery doors on both of your hearing aids while your phone is searching
If you have rechargeable hearing aids you will need to hold the volume down button for 3 seconds to turn them off. Then hold the volume down button for 3 seconds to turn them on. Now they will be in pairing mode for 3 minute
- Your hearing aids will show up as an available device once they are found (Oticon Opn)
- Press pair and your hearing aid will connect
- Now you can adjust the volume and change programs through the app.
*If unable to connect you may troubleshoot by deleting the app, turning off Bluetooth and restarting your phone. Then you may try again.
*If you are unable to connect through Bluetooth your phone may not be compatible with your hearing aids.
List of compatible Android devices: https://www.oticon.ca/hearing-aid-users/support/faq/compatibility
*Please click on the picture directly below to be taken to the video on Youtube